Monday, December 10, 2018

The Problem with Slow Travel

... is that it's slow.

I've travelled over halfway down the US but the snow and roads and hotels are all much the same, so it doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere! Actually, that's not quite true, I'm starting to get into some better scenery.

mesa in the clouds

But there's nothing wrong with my days. (Other than being fossil fueled.) I'm only driving 3 or 4 hours a day. Heck, prairie folks drive that far to go for coffee. I'm almost embarrassed at how little I'm driving. When you're from the prairies you're supposed to drive umpteen hours straight, fueled only by horrible gas station coffee. (Which I have to admit I have partaken of.) And even more embarrassing, I drive the speed limit, or even less sometimes.

I've managed to get some exercise every day, even if it's mostly hotel fitness rooms. That's more than I manage at home.

And I've managed at least a couple of hours of solid programming per day, sometimes more. Again, that's more than I manage some days at the office.

reflected trees and rock

I am looking forward to escaping winter (-20c yesterday, -15c this morning).

water, rock, and snow

No comments:

Post a Comment