Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sante Fe, New Mexico

After Durango, Colorado, my next stop was Sante Fe, New Mexico. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I managed to catch a cold. So I holed up in Sante Fe for three nights to be miserable in comfort.

The annoying part was that I've only been here once before and I was miserable with a cold that time too. So, although I've spent some time in Sante Fe, I can't say I've really had a chance to appreciate it.

I found a good but uncrowded coffee shop (35° North) where I could spend some time before returning to my room for a nap. I enjoyed the Georgia O'Keeffe museum. I found a couple of good restaurants - El Maison (tapas with live jazz), and TerraCotta Wine Bistro - although I wasn't at my best to enjoy them.

I managed only a couple of photos (with my phone). The Christmas lights were nice in the plaza:

Christmas Lights in the Sante Fe plaza

Dried chilies are common in the southwest, but I hadn't seen them as Christmas decorations before:

chilies as Christmas decorations

This set of chilies was about 5 feet long, hanging on the side of a community building.

I stayed in a small hotel close to the plaza - The Luxx. It was quiet and the room was fine, but it wasn't anything special. I might look for an alternative if I visited again.

Hopefully over the worst of my cold, I'm continuing on towards paragliding and hiking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment