Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Around Loreto

I'm way behind on processing and posting photos. When I don't travel I take about 10,000 photos a year. This trip I've already taken over 5,000. Here are a few random shots from around Loreto.

There were decorations for the 325 year anniversary of Loreto.

archway at night

We had some nice sunsets and a full moon.

sunset reflections & Carmen Island

sunset clouds

whale sculpture

full moon & fisherman

I always like the Sally Lightfoot crabs. In BC most of the crabs are under water or hiding under rocks. These ones are often visible out on the rocks. The adults are bright orange/red, whereas the juveniles are mostly black. For some reason I didn't seem many adults around town.

Sally Lightfoot Crab

Sally Lightfoot Crab

We had a few tiny Asian House Gecko's around where we were staying. (They come out at night to hunt insects.)

Asian House Gecko

A few more bird photos since my bird post.

Great Blue Heron

Great Blue Heron

cormorant with fish

Green Heron

I got a few more photos from the plane leaving Loreto. Here's the harbor from the air. That's where a lot of the bird photos were taken.

Loreto harbor

Coronado Island, the closest island to Loreto and where we did a lot of our diving. The sea lions are on the main point on the right hand side.

Coronado Island

Coronado Island

No comments:

Post a Comment