Monday, October 10, 2022

Waiting for the Birds

After I got back from a run in Santa Barbara, I sat in the back yard of De La Vina Inn where we were staying. There was a fountain, and multiple birds came. After my shower, Shelley wasn't back from CrossFit so I got my big lens and went back to take photos of the birds. Of course, once I had my camera, the birds all stayed away. Finally, after about 30 minutes of waiting quietly, an Anna's hummingbird showed up to have a drink and take a bath. I had about a minute to take photos, and then Shelley arrived and the hummingbird left. Some of the shots that didn't turn out were actually quite funny - the hummingbird would put his whole head in the water at times.

Anna's hummingbird

Anna's hummingbird

Anna's hummingbird

I stayed a bit longer, but the hummingbird I'd photographed was territorial and chased away any others that showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment