Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Rainy Day

The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.
- Eeyore

We woke up to a wet world, and the rain kept up most of the day. After an extended coffee shop visit (at Good Mood Food - recommended), we weren't sure what to do. I loved the look of the clouds swirling around the trees on the mountains, but I didn't want to stand out in the rain with my camera. So we drove around for a while, first west on highway 2 along the Wenatchee river, and then south along Icicle river. When there was a place to stop Shelley would pull over and I'd shoot photos out of the car window. I kept a towel handy to dry off the rain that got in the open window, and a lens cloth to wipe off the lens when it got rained on. I wouldn't say it was the ideal setup, but I was happy to capture a bit of the scenery.

clouds and trees

clouds and trees

clouds and trees

cloud, forest, creek

raindrops on tree

For lunch we went to Anjou Bakery in Cashmere. It had been recommended to us last time we were here but we hadn't managed to get to it when it was open. It's worth a visit if you're in the area.

For more of these, see all 18 photos as a slideshow or overview

No comments:

Post a Comment