Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Road Trip Day 2 to Cape Lookout

At this rate it'll take me forever to cover this trip. Shelley is doing a lot better at keeping up. Nonetheless, I'll continue to post as I have time. The nice weather held another day and we continued down the coast, first stop Elixir Coffee.

This small bay was covered in birds so I pulled over to photograph them. The traffic going by didn't bother them, but as soon as I walked over with my camera they all took flight. Zooming in on the photo I think they are Northern Pintail ducks.

Northern PIntail ducks ?

Cannon Beach is another favorite stop, first for a walk on the beach with views of Haystack rock, and then to refuel at Insomnia Coffee.

Haystack rock at Cannon Beach

gulls

waves

We ended up that night at Cape Lookout State Park where we enjoyed another beautiful sunset on the beach.

sunset on the beach

sunset on the beach

gull on the beach at sunset

Walking back to our camp site we came across this Greater White-fronted Goose.

Greater White-fronted Goose

See Shelley's post

See all 19 photos in this batch

No comments:

Post a Comment