Saturday, May 28, 2022

Print of the Week

coyote in Stanley Park

We were leaving the Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park when I spotted this coyote beside the road. We stopped and I got out to take some photos. The coyote cooperated by not leaving as soon as I got out my camera (as so often happens). I had a few minutes before another car showed up and instead of stopping across the road as we had, it pulled up right in front of the coyote, at which point we and the coyote departed.

We had seen signs around Stanley Park warning about coyotes. I searched on the web and it sounds like there was some conflict last year with "aggressive" coyotes. As usual in conflicts between humans and the rest of nature, the humans "won". Many coyotes were "culled". I hate these euphemisms. If you're going to kill them, have the guts to say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment