Sunday, August 12, 2018

Around the Pond

flower

The flowers are lovely this time of the year around the pond at Innovation Place. But the plants are almost too lush - it gets hard to spot the wood frog or the fishing spiders. The bees are happy though!

bee on flower

They are so preoccupied with their work that they don't seem to mind a camera lens shoved in their face. Of course, that doesn't mean they sit still for long either.

While taking photos of the bees I noticed this tiny crab spider. They will tackle prey bigger than themselves, but I think this guy was waiting for something smaller than the bees. As usual, it is well color matched.

crab spider on flower

Lots of water lilies flowering but none close to shore where I could get closeups.

water lilies

But I also love the hibiscus flowers, and they are readily accessible. For some reason my camera struggles to focus on the fuzzy protruding stigma. I like the yellow and red anthers on this one.

hibiscus flower closeup

The duckweed is taking over around the fountain. I like the abstract pattern it makes.

duckweed

See all 15 photos

No comments:

Post a Comment