Monday, April 24, 2017

Here Comes the Rhubarb

It may still be trying to snow, but when I see these I can almost taste the rhubarb crisp.

rhubarb

These were growing behind someone's fence beside the back alley. I'm sure my neighbors were wondering what the heck that person was doing squatting back there!

rhubarb

Interesting how the leaves grow inside the shoot all folded up. So that's how you fit a giant leaf inside a tiny shoot!

rhubarb

And while I was at it, a few more of the trees flowering.

trees flowering

These are from the same tree, the second one is a little more advanced.

trees flowering

These were handheld with the Nikon 7200 and 85mm macro lens. For both of them, I picked the two best shots (out of many) and focus stacked them. Still didn't get everything in focus, but better than any one shot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment