Saturday, April 30, 2016

Slow Motion Green Explosion

Every day I see or I hear something that more or less kills me with delight ...
It is what I was born for - to look, to listen, to lose myself inside this soft world
- Mindful by Mary Oliver

Spring is a special time, as the great white north turns green, as the tips of trees unfold in a miracle that goes mostly unnoticed, as the first splashes of color burst onto the scene, as the spiders appear :-)

My first challenge on the walk to work is to make it out of my back alley without pulling out my camera. These are our neighbor's lilacs to be.

lilacs

The next challenge is when I reach the river and I have to try not to stand and gaze too long.

Canada goose slihouetted and river reflections

How can you not adore these new leaves?

new leaves

Then I reach Innovation Place and its many wonders. These miniature tulips are one of the first bloomers. The wind was blowing them around so much I finally grabbed one to stop it from moving. (Two handheld shots focus stacked.)

minature tulips

And more crocuses, although these aren't wild they're still beautiful.

crocuses

The Forsythia are still brightening the windows at work.

flowering Forsythia

How's this for an explosion of new life?

new leaves

I was happy to see the first of the fishing spiders appear at the pond. Just a little guy.

Fishing spider

Love these buds on a tree beside the pond. Definitely bursting with life.

Untitled

And at the end of the day, walking home into the lowering sun, these lovely new green leaves.

new leaves

For more photos, see all 37 as a slideshow or overview

All of these with the new Lumix ZS100

No comments:

Post a Comment