Sunday, October 08, 2023

Sweet Peas

Broad-leaved Sweet Pea

These Broad-leaved Sweet Peas (I think) are common "weeds" around here. I love their bright color. All summer I was thinking I should take some photos of them, but it never seemed urgent since they were so common. Now summer is gone and so are almost all of these flowers. On my long run yesterday, I spotted these ones, but at that point I wasn't up to carrying flowers. Today I went for an easy recovery run and took a few home to photograph. My mother always liked sweet peas and my father used to take flowers indoors to photograph, so I figure I'm following the family traditions.

Broad-leaved Sweet Pea

Broad-leaved Sweet Pea

I just thought of these as wild sweet peas but when I looked them up, I found they are yet another non-native species. I really start to think nothing is native around here, not even me!

No comments:

Post a Comment