Monday, February 06, 2023

Raccoons

I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye and looked up from my desk to see two raccoons strolling past my window. I've spotted them a few times before but hadn't got any photographs of them. I grabbed my phone since it was the handiest and managed one poor photo of them before they disappeared into the bushes. I got my camera and stepped outside to see where they went. I was pessimistic because they don't usually hang around, at least in the daytime. But there they were.

raccoon

They didn't seem too scared of me. It was more like I was a mild annoyance because I was standing on the path they wanted to leave by. We had a momentary standoff.

raccoon

They decided to leave in the opposite direction.

raccoons

raccoons

Raccoons can be pests, but I enjoyed seeing them. And I was happy to finally get a few photos. There were raccoons in Saskatoon, but I rarely saw them. I assume these are the Vancouver Island subspecies, dark furred like the Pacific Northwest subspecies.

No comments:

Post a Comment