Monday, September 19, 2022

Prints of the Week

This first one was from Butchart Gardens. While there may not have been many hummingbirds attracted to the flowers, there were a lot of bees. They are tough to photograph because they're constantly on the move, usually facing the wrong way, and hard to get enough depth of focus. This was one of the lucky shots. The flower color is a little too much, but it does make the bee stand out.

bumblebee on flowers

I think this next one is a Cross Orb-Weaver. There seems to be a lot of them around right now. This is one of the largest I've seen. You can judge its size from its prey which looks like a wasp or honeybee. I saw another one today with its prey similarly wrapped up. One in our yard that I nudged to try to get into a better position went into the "vibrating" motion that Wikipedia describes. I can see how this would throw off predators, it made it impossible to see it clearly.

20220915-P9152053-Edit

No comments:

Post a Comment