Sunday, January 30, 2022

Photos of the Week

To someone from Saskatchewan, the idea that spring flowers start in January is very bizarre. Of course, here (in Victoria) there are some flowers that bloom all winter.

snowdrops

snowdrop

They're not the prairie crocus (Pasqua flowers) that emerge from the snow on the prairies, but spring crocuses are still a nice splash of color. Of course, neither the snowdrops or the spring crocuses are native like the prairie crocus.

Spring crocus

There were two varieties of Witch Hazel with their unusual flowers.

Witch Hazel

Witch Hazel

These seeds (Stinking Iris?) reminded me of The Hidden Beauty of Seeds & Fruits book I've been reading. Their bright color caught my eye.

Stinking Iris seeds ?

I liked this unusual fungus. I think it's Hairy Curtain Crust (who comes up with these names?)

Hairy Curtain Crust

See also my sister Penny's blog post

See all 13 photos in this batch

No comments:

Post a Comment