Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Thetis

One of the big advantages (for me) of being in Victoria is access to the outdoors. Much as I love the prairies, there's not much of it left. It's all been plowed up and turned into mono-culture farmland. Here I can step out the door and in 8 km be in Thetis Lake Regional Park with over 40 km of trails around the lakes and through the forest. Canada's first nature sanctuary is now primarily a dog park but it's still a great place to run and hike. As usual, most people stick to the main trails close to the parking lots so it's not hard to get away from them. I'd been out here on a couple of my long runs, without a camera, so I was glad to go back with Shelley for a hike and be able to take my camera. Although it ended up sprinkling rain most of the time so I didn't take a lot of photos.

Here's the lower lake, small but pretty.

Lower Thetis Lake

lake reflections

There are several nice little creeks.

20211106-P1130679

The moss on the trees is such a vibrant green.

so green

There are still some lingering fall colors.

fall colors

The raindrops and reflections made interesting patterns in the water.

raindrops & reflections

raindrops & reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment