Sunday, May 09, 2021

Backyard Photos

It started with the Yellow-rumped warblers in the tree outside my home office. They would arrive and hop around on a branch in clear view, inviting me to get out my camera, and when I did they would play hide and seek hopping around continuously so it was impossible to get a photograph.

But that got my camera out and I managed to get a couple of the other birds, including this White-throated sparrow.

White-throated sparrow

It looked like it was feeding on the flowers on the tree, although the description says it eats the leaf buds. But they're not really leaf buds any more, the leaves are rapidly emerging.

new leaves

Our patch of tulips usually has quite a few flowers despite our neglect, but this year there is only a single flower. It's quite a pretty one though.

tulip

tulip

When I was out on my run this morning I stopped to watch a muskrat on the river, right downtown. It stopped to feed on a dead fish. I was a bit surprised because I assumed they just ate plants, but I see they are omnivorous, which makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment