Wednesday, February 12, 2020

More Flowers

Another batch of mostly unidentified flowering objects. A lot of these I took with my iPhone while "para-waiting" on the Malinche launch near Tenancingo. I had meandered a long way down the ridge when Shelley texted me that the other pilots were getting ready. I rushed back, but it was a false alarm, no one actually launched.

I continue to be amazed by the variety of flowering plants and trees. Maybe I'm just accustomed to what we have at home, but it seems like there's a lot more here.

flowering tree

These hardly look like flowers since they're all green. But the bees were loving them. I'm amazed at the detail the iPhone can capture on these closeups.

bee on flowers

These looked a bit like borage, and I think that's what they are, maybe Fiberglass Plant?

Fiberglass plant (borage)

I'm pretty sure these are lupines of some sort:

lupines

I saw these in a few places - tiny red flowers with larger (2cm) spiky fruits.

unusual flowers/fruits

Another one with tiny flowers and larger (pea sized) fruits.

flowers and seeds/fruit

These were colorful. I only saw them once.

flowers

These looked a bit like orchids, but on a bush.

flowers

A more unusual shaped flower:

flowers

These prickly pear cactus were familiar. I always like their flowers.

prickly pear cactus flower

But in Canada we don't have bromeliads growing in tree like cactus.

bromeliads on cactus

Maybe some kind of Cosmos?

cosmos flower ?

I was told this isn't the peak season for flowers, but there were still lots to be found if you looked.

See all 16 photos in this batch

No comments:

Post a Comment