Saturday, November 09, 2019

On the River

It seems a little incongruous to be posting these photos from kayaking on the river, while outside there's a snowstorm. But I didn't get around to posting them till now.

I was pulling my kayak down the back alley to the river (we have wheels that strap on) when a butterfly went by. I had my camera, but only the telephoto lens (thinking of birds). Luckily it focuses reasonably close and I still got some decent shots of this Painted Lady.

Painted Lady butterfly

Painted Lady butterfly

Butterfly photography taken care of, I continued on to the river! As soon as I got on the water I saw this Yellowlegs. But between the the bird's constant movement and the kayak being pulled away by the current, I had a hard time getting a decent shot. This was the best I did and it's still not as sharp as I'd like.

Greater Yellowlegs

There were lots of gulls on the sandbars.

Ring-billed gull, 1st winter

And a few ducks around.

ducks

And of course, Canada geese.

Canada Geese

Canada Goose taking off

The trees were already starting to change, adding some color to the reflections.

reflections of fall colors

See all 13 photos in this album

No comments:

Post a Comment