Monday, April 08, 2019

Sparkle

There was heavy fog when I got up this morning, but it had cleared by the time I was walking to work. When I reached the park, the trees were covered in water drops, sparkling in the sun. I'm not sure if it was just from the fog or if it had rained a bit in the night. Regardless, I was captivated by it and had to pull out my camera and see if I could capture a little taste of it.

ice and dew on trees

I experimented with what was in focus and what wasn't, trying to get the feel of how it looked to me in real life.

ice and dew on trees

ice and dew on trees

When I reached the railway bridge the trees on the far side were backlit by the sun. When I reached them I found they were covered in a thin layer of melting ice, so maybe there was some freezing rain.

ice and dew on trees

ice and dew on trees

ice and dew on trees

ice and dew on trees

As I was taking photos I ran into my retired neighbor who goes out walking rain or shine. As the years go by he gets slower, but don't we all. He always has a cheerful hello for whoever he meets.

ice and dew on trees

See all 15 photos in this album

No comments:

Post a Comment