Thursday, November 02, 2017

Fresh Bread


There's nothing like fresh bread, hot out of the oven. If I could share the delightful smell, I would. I don't make it so much in the summer - too much else to do outside - but in the winter I usually make a loaf once a week. It takes a little effort and a span of time, but I like the familiar ritual. It's a good break from staring at the computer. And the effort makes you appreciate it more.

My recipe has evolved over time - it currently includes a mix of organic local flour (red fife, 7 grain, and whole wheat), plus oatmeal, flax seed, ground flax, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia, corn meal, and hemp hearts. It's not for those of you who prefer light fluffy white bread! But I find it tasty and filling. It's what I usually eat for my lunch at work, either with cream cheese and green peppers, or occasionally with peanut butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment