Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Canadians Speak Russian Don't They?

Near our hotel is a coffee shop (Cafe Coffee Day). I walked in and there was a "white" tourist looking woman sitting with an Indian (guide?). The Indian asked me where I was from. I said Canada. He seemed excited about this. "Please, sit with us" he said. I'm sure I had a questioning look and he started to explain. The lady was Russian and he was having trouble understanding her, being from Canada I should be able to help. Both the lady and I tried to explain that Canadians don't speak Russian but he didn't seem convinced.

Andrew the greybeard

PS. I know, in Darjeeling we should be drinking tea, but we had so many cups of tea on the trek that I'm feeling more like coffee. Even if it isn't very good coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment