Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Patience

It snowed all day today. This great blue heron showed up in the morning and was still there when it got dark. As far as I noticed, it never left. Usually they don't stay long so at first I didn't bother getting out the camera. But it seemed to settle in so I got out the telephoto lens and the teleconverter for roughly 1100 mm (almost 10x a new iPhone's 120mm "telephoto"). I didn't want to go out in the snow, so I shot through the dirty window. I did get out the monopod since even with good image stabilization it's too hard to hold that long a lens steady. The tree it was in is across the street and past the next house so I wasn't expecting too much, but with a little processing it came out ok.

patience

Later, after dark, I saw a heron by the water. Can they see to catch fish at night? If it's the same one, why did it wait till dark to go fishing?

No comments:

Post a Comment