Sunday, March 19, 2023

Seattle Sculpture Park

The Olympic Sculpture Park is on the waterfront near the ferry terminal (and our hotel). It's an enjoyable place to wander around.

sculpture

fountain & sculpture

fountain

The plants seemed slightly further along than in Victoria, but not by much. These seem more like crocuses but I think they're Winter Daffodils.

Winter Daffodil ?

Whereas I think these are spring crocuses

Spring Crocus

They're often regarded as invasive pests, but I like starlings. From a distance they tend to just look black but they can be quite colorful if you catch them in the right light.

Starling

There were various birds on the water, including Surf Scoters with their funny looking bills.

Surf Scoter

and Common Goldeneyes with reflections :-)

Common Goldeneye

There was also a cute little Cottontail rabbit in the park.

Cottontail rabbit

sculpture

sculpture

While this metal tree was quite striking, I think I prefer the real ones.

sculpture

The larches were busy growing new needles. I enjoyed observing the larches at Innovation Place.

larch

Oregon Grape was flowering

Oregon Grape ?

which the insects, like this Common Drone Fly, were also enjoying

Common drone fly ?

And Red-flowering Current (I think)

Red-flowering current ?

This lichen was almost as colorful as the flowers

lichen

And with the water nearby, I couldn't pass up some reflections.

reflections

reflections

reflections

See all 34 photos in this batch

No comments:

Post a Comment