Sunday, November 20, 2022

Recent Photos

I haven't finished posting photos from my last trip, but I thought I'd take a break and share a few more recent ones since I got home.

We had visited Esquimalt Gorge Park before, but we hadn't discovered the restored area along the creek/inlet. There were American Wigeons and Mallards, and a Kingfisher that even let me get somewhat close. (Unfortunately, I didn't have my long telephoto lens with me.)

Belted Kingfisher

There are still a few flowers hanging on.

Hubei Anemone ?

rose

Victoria doesn't have the best fall colors but there are a few splashes of color.

autumn leaves

gull & reflections

autumn leaves

autumn leaves

Despite the cooler weather, I've taken advantage of a few sunny calm days to get out kayaking.

fall colors

reflections

reflections

reflections

One day we walked out on the breakwater. There was a bit of a breeze and the gulls were soaring back and forth in the updraft. I took many photos trying to catch them as they cruised by. A few turned out ok.

gull in flight

gull and waves

There was a big red ship in the background that added color to the waves.

reflections

reflections

And barnacles, and kelp, and pebble beaches shining in the sun.

barnacles

barnacles underwater

Kelp

pebble beach

The bugs are mostly gone now, but the odd one turns up on the wall of our townhouse and lets me practice my macro photography.

Winter Moth ?

European Harvestman

See all 28 photos in this batch

No comments:

Post a Comment