Friday, July 01, 2022

Print of the Week

This is another one from Wyoming, a Two-tailed Swallowtail.

Two-tailed swallowtail

Shelley and I were hiking and this butterfly flew by us. I paused to see if it might land so I could photograph it. It finally landed about 50 feet away from us. I couldn't really see it, but I had a pretty good idea where it was, so I got my camera out and started moving closer. Shelley was skeptical whether it would sit still long enough, but amazingly it did. It didn't let me get that close and my longer telephoto lens would have been better but I managed some decent shots, including a lucky shot of it flying away.

Two-tailed Swallowtail

Two-tailed swallowtail

It appeared to have picked this particular flower, which was the only one like it in the vicinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment