Sunday, April 03, 2022

Magnolia

magnolia

We are lucky to have lots of flowering plants and trees around our townhouse complex. My favorite right now is the magnolia I can see outside the window from my desk. There are quite a few kinds of magnolias but to me, this is one of the prettier ones. There are ones with similar flowers, but they are plain white. And there are ones with much bigger flowers, but the flowers start falling apart almost as soon as they open.

The fuzzy flower buds are a a distinctive feature. You can see the remnants around some of the flowers. I was surprised that they developed in the fall.

magnolia

I like the centers of the flowers. They remind me a little bit of the center of water lilies.

magnolia

It's quite an impressive mass of flowers. The cherry trees are fantastic too, but their individual flowers are quite small.

magnolia

magnolia

If you look closely in the bottom middle window you can just see the white end of my desk.

See all 11 photos in this batch

No comments:

Post a Comment