Saturday, September 18, 2021

Seeds

Autumn is the time for seeds and I thought I'd do a few closeups of these fascinating products of nature. They all survived a ride home in my pocket. I normally like more natural settings, but these kinds of staged photoes can be good to focus on a particular subject. (Like the Photo Ark or Seeing series)

This pinecone was almost dropped on my head by a squirrel busily snipping off the pinecones and letting them drop to the ground, presumably to collect later.

pine cone

One of a large crop of acorns from the oak trees at Innovation Place.

acorn

acorn

There are two small trees near the Innovation Place pond that I think are Buckeyes. (related to chestnuts) My father talked about playing with conkers when he was a child. It's such a contrast between the rough spiky outer layer and the smooth shiny seeds inside.

Buckeye seed ("conker")

Buckeye seed

Buckeye seed

Here's the makeshift backdrop I used for these shots. I found a patch of sun coming in a window so I had plenty of light and could get decent depth of focus and still a fast enough shutter to hand hold. (Olympus EM1m3 with macro lens) I didn't manage a pure white background but close enough.

20210918-P9180042-2

No comments:

Post a Comment