Tuesday, August 10, 2021

2600

The last five months I've managed to maintain a good (for me) volume of running, bringing my yearly total to just over 2600 km (1600 miles), which equates to 50 km (30 miles) per week. I'm pretty happy with that. Amazingly (touch wood) I haven't had any major issues - my knees and feet and IT bands have been quiet. There's nothing magical about 2600, it's just a nice round number, as is 50. Of course, competitive runners will do a lot more than that. It's possible I could do more but I'm a little nervous about pushing too hard and ending up having problems. The increase over the last year or two has come quite naturally, without really pushing. If I end up increasing because it feels good, that's great. If not, that's fine too.

When we left on a road trip to BC at the end of July I still had 36 km to go to make 2600. But by getting up early, I managed to run every day. I ran along the Bow river in Cochrane, on a vague track in Merritt, along the Boundary Bay Dyke in Tsawwassen, and along the Songhees Walkway and Galloping Goose Trail in Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment