Sunday, May 31, 2020

Prints of the Week

All spring, as usual, I've been taking photos of the trees coming back to life, flowering and sprouting leaves. I've fallen behind processing them, but here are a few that I decided to print as I was going through them.

20200502-OMD00777

The EM-1 with the 60mm macro lens works great for these kind of shots.

20200502-OMD00787

Your eyes wouldn't see a black background like this, just a deep shadow. But the camera can't handle the huge difference between bright sun and dark shade so the background goes black. A mirrorless camera with an electronic viewfinder is great for this kind of shot because you can see the exposure you'll get and easily adjust until it looks the way you want.

20200502-OMD00769

When I was taking this last one I was consciously trying to center it between the branches in the background but everything was moving in the wind. I almost got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment