Saturday, October 19, 2019

Autumn

After an early fall with cold temperatures and snow, we've had a nice spell of weather recently. A friend has been reminding me I should take some photographs with my new iPhone 11 so I took advantage of a sunny morning. Regardless of the weather, the days are getting shorter and sunrise is getting closer to when I walk to work.

autumn sunrise

While some of the trees are bare, some are still full of color.

fall colors

Not much wind and the river was calm and peaceful. (Except when the gaggles of geese went honking by.)

autumn sunrise

Such bright colors!

fall colors

fall colors

I'm afraid the pond is looking a bit stark. But I've still enjoyed a few last days warm enough to eat my lunch out here.

bare looking pond

I've never really been into wide angle lenses. I'm more likely to shoot telephoto or macro. But I really should try it more because it gives a very different perspective. Most of the shots above were taken with the iPhone 11's new ultra wide camera/lens (14mm equivalent).

I still prefer my "real" cameras, but there's no question that cell phone cameras are getting better and better.

See all 9 photos in this album

No comments:

Post a Comment