Saturday, February 07, 2015

Print of the Week

magic mountain 1

I printed this for a family member. It came from a batch I took at Bow Lake at sunrise. At first glance it's just a photo of a mountain above a lake. But it's actually upside down from when I took the photo. The gravel on the left is the real shore but it almost looks like part of the mountain. The blue at the bottom looks like the real lake, and it is. You expect to see clouds above the mountain but instead it's underwater rocks. I like it because it makes you think. (Coincidentally, this is another from 2013.)

As always, if anyone is interested in prints of my photos, let me know. I'm always flattered to be asked, and I enjoy printing them. I don't charge my friends since I don't do it for the money, and my printing costs are minimal (paper and ink).

No comments:

Post a Comment