Saturday, March 01, 2014

Phoenix Zoo

One more Phoenix attraction that we hadn't visited up till now was the zoo. I love zoos so I'm not sure why we hadn't made it here yet. We passed signs for it on the way to the botanical gardens (they're close). Walking to the entrance you pass over a bridge over a pond and I figured it was a good sign when I was taking pictures of ducks and turtles before I even got inside :-) Half a day wasn't long enough to see the whole zoo, but I would say this is one of the better zoos we've been to. It's quite large and many of the animals are in quite natural settings.

quizzical duck

rabbit
one of the unofficial residents of the zoo (not in a cage) love those ears!

coyote
coyote

tiger

turtle convention
turtle convention (more unofficial residents)

monkey

See all 39 photos as a slideshow or overview

No comments:

Post a Comment