Sunday, January 26, 2014

Earlier Light

One month after the shortest day of the year, and the light is starting to arrive noticeably earlier. Walking to work on Friday it was still quite dark, but there was a faint tinge of color on the clouds that made me think it might be worth getting my camera out. (And it was one of the warmer days of our weather roller coaster.) I had a meeting and I couldn't dawdle too much, so the sunrise didn't really arrive till I was on the railway bridge.

This lone tree has appeared in many of my photos. It must be far enough back from the river for the beavers to leave it alone.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

These were taken with the RX100m2, mostly at ISO 6400 which is pushing it, but the noise/grain is still reasonable. The dynamic range between the bright sky and the dark shadows is large, but manageable if you shoot raw and use Lightroom to recover highlights and shadows.

See all 10 photos as a slideshow or overview


No comments:

Post a Comment