Monday, December 09, 2013

Key West Butterfly Garden

One of the places we visited in Key West was the Butterfly Garden. This seemed like a good one - tons of butterflies in a nice setting. I took a couple of hundred photographs to get these ones. It's always a challenge because they don't sit still for long.

Untitled

Most of these I took multiple shots in order to get one where the butterfly cooperated and it was in focus. I only took one shot of this silhouette and then I decided it probably wouldn't turn out so I didn't take any more. It ended up one of my favorites. (The "frame" wasn't added afterwards, it was a part of the windows in the background.)

Untitled

Sometimes half the battle is getting a plain background.

Untitled

See all 16 photos as a slideshow or overview.

See also Shelley's post with some butterfly photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment