Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mouse-Capades 2

I got up this morning, put the kettle on for tea, and opened the blinds to see if any birds were at the bird feeder. And what do I see? A mouse inside the bird feeder!

The question is whether it's the same mouse who managed to navigate from the river several blocks back to my house, or a new one. I suspect it's my old friend returned since I've only ever seen the one mouse around.

I ran downstairs, grabbed a cloth bag, this time big enough to fit over the feeder, and headed outside. I almost missed him. As I approached the tree he started down the trunk. But he made the wrong choice when he saw me and returned to the shelter of the bird feeder.

I pulled the bag up around the feeder and tapped on it to get him out. Sure enough he jumped out, right into the bag. But I almost lost him because he ran straight up the inside of the bag heading for freedom. It was a good try but I shook him back to the bottom and closed the top of the bag.

This time I took him for a bike ride across the bridge to Sutherland beach. Hopefully that'll be sufficient to prevent him from finding his way back to the free food.


3 comments:

  1. That is ONE determined mouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via that wonderful "next blog" button, and have 2 comments - 1, you take some beautiful photos, and 2, life experience has shown me that there's no such thing as "one mouse". I think you are looking at siblings, or perhaps cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you don't want a kitty? We guaratee excelent mousers!

    ReplyDelete