Friday, July 18, 2008

Where the Buffalo Roam

To me, the buffalo seem like the perfect symbol of our (humans) destructive tendencies. When I'm out on the prairie (or at least, the farm and ranch land that used to be prairie) I imagine what it must have been like when millions of buffalo roamed here.

So it's sad to see in an article in Harpers that, even now, we haven't finished with our efforts to control and destroy the buffalo.

It wouldn't bother me to get rid of the cattle. And people who want to eat meat can eat buffalo just as well as cow.

But then again, I'm one of those wacko's who thinks the environment and nature are just as (or more) important than people.

If you want to help, check out the Global Response campaign.


One of my pictures from Yellowstone on my way back from Colorado last fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment