Tuesday, February 19, 2008

LightZone

As spring approaches the days get longer and I see the sunrise on the walk to work. Here's a picture I took the other morning. (Unfortunately, the weather is still wintery and I froze my fingers taking pictures at -20c)


I had heard good things about LightZone and they have a free trial so I thought I'd give it a try. Here's what I came up with after a little playing around. This is primarily the "Hard Look" style. It felt the closest to how I remembered the scene.


I tried to recreate the same look in LightRoom but it's not quite the same.

LightZone did a good job of making it darker and more dramatic without losing the detail in the trees.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend the money for it but it is a pretty nice tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment