Sunday, April 17, 2016

Photos of the Week

Spring is arriving slowly, but the landscape is still dominated by the dead brown plants of last summer. But they can still be interesting.

rose hips

old bulrushes

empty seed pod

I took some more crocus photos with the new ZS100 (without frost this time)

crocuses

crocuses

Another sign of spring - my first beaver sighting of the year.

beaver

I also got a chance to test out the ZS100's telephoto with the waxwings. The results weren't quite as sharp as I'd like, but considering I wouldn't have gotten anything with the RX100 they're certainly better than nothing!

Bohemian Waxwings

I was trying to photograph them drinking from the pond, but ended up catching them taking off. I quite like the result.

Bohemian Waxwings taking flight

And I couldn't resist a few more shots of the ice and water.

thin ice

flowing water

For more of these photos see all 26 as a slideshow or overview

No comments:

Post a Comment