Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Photos of the Day

There are lots of tracks in the snow in the winter so I know they are around but I haven't seen many rabbits (or hares) lately. So I was happy to spot this jackrabbit on the way to work. I wasn't sure if it would stick around long enough for me to get my camera out, but I ducked behind a tree and it went back to feeding. I was surprised when it didn't run away even when I approached. And when I stopped, it came even closer to me. But that turned out to be because it wanted to get by me, and once it did it bounded away. It looked a bit scruffy, probably shedding its winter coat.

Jackrabbit

A robin also let me approach quite closely before taking off.

American Robin

And more flowers were opening on the larches.

Larch flowers

Larch flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment