Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Ice

It finally warmed up enough to think about getting my camera out on the walk to work. It's still cold on the hands but at least I didn't have to worry about frostbite! I know we're all eagerly waiting for the ice and snow to melt, but in the meantime I might as well photograph it :-)

The ice on the edge of the river had melted and frozen into some wonderful shapes and patterns. The only trick was getting close enough to photograph it. Obviously, the ice is slippery and I was a little worried about sliding in. On the positive side, it was shallow and it would have just been embarrassing, not dangerous. Thankfully I stayed dry!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This last one is looking down from the railway bridge.

The articulated screen on the RX100m2 came in handy for getting a low angle on some of these shots. I wish I'd thought to override the aperture to get more depth of focus - that spoiled a bunch of the shots.

See all 11 photos as a slideshow or overview

No comments:

Post a Comment