Monday, October 07, 2013

River Kayak and Geese

We got out Sunday for probably the last kayak of the summer. It was a beautiful sunny day and the fall colors were wonderful. There were lots of Canada geese around, congregating for their trip south. I love how there are special words for groups of different kinds of birds. Geese on the ground are a "gaggle", when in flight a "skein", "wedge", or "team", and when flying close together they are a "plump". As usual, Shelley was very patient as I dawdled along taking pictures. The current was fairly strong and when I'd stop to take photos I'd drift back downstream and have to paddle like crazy to catch up.

(click to view larger)
Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

View a slideshow of 22 photos or an overview.

See also: Shelley's post

PS. I've widened my blog layout to allow for bigger inline photos. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment