Thursday, September 19, 2013

Photos of the Day

The sunshine tempted me outside for a walk this afternoon. I wasn't thinking of photography, but of course something caught my eye. For a moment I thought "darn, I didn't bring a camera", but then I remembered I had my iPhone, which I used to take this batch. (I still tweaked them a little in Lightroom.)

(click to view 8 photos)
Untitled


There are two places I know of along the trail that have these seeds. I'm not sure what it is or if it's a native plant. Does anyone know?

Getting the ladybug in focus was a fluke. It's what I was trying for, but it would have been hard to manage even with the DSLR, let alone with the iPhone. I was poking at the screen trying to get it to focus on it, but I didn't think it would work! Another good example of the value of trying multiple shots. After all, it doesn't cost anything.

1 comment:

  1. The first shots are of White or Western Clematis with their lovely feathery fruits. The last couple look like they might be Knapweed, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete